For demanding examinations we recomment scanning electron microscope (SEM).
If small features have to be examined from the sample, minimal differences in microstructure or chemical composition has to be observed, or the examined surface is not planar (e.g. fracture surfaces), the sample can be examined with scanning electron microscope and EDS-spectrometer.
- Fracture surface examinations
- Small details in microstructure
Typical EDS-analysis subjects
- Precipitations and inclusions in structure
- Analyses of corrosion products
- Small samples for chemical composition analyses